This Day On The Street
Continue to site right-arrow
ADVERTISEMENT
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here
TheStreet Open House

SearchMedia Announces New Luxury Mall LCD Advertising Joint Venture; Completion Of New $6.1 Million Common Share Investment

SearchMedia Holdings Limited (“SearchMedia” or the “Company”) (NYSE MKT: IDI) ((NYSE MKT: IDI.WS), one of China's leading nationwide multi-platform media companies, today announced that it will establish a joint venture in Shanghai for a new major luxury mall concession (“LCD Joint Venture”). Additionally, the Company announced that it has entered into an agreement for a new private placement of up to 10.0 million common shares, of which the Company has closed the first tranche of 6.1 million shares, with Frost Gamma Investment Trust, an entity affiliated with Dr. Phillip Frost, our largest shareholder, TGC Partners Limited, an entity affiliated with our Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Peter W. H. Tan, TGC Media Investments II Corp., a private investment company based in Singapore, Nan Fung Group (“Nan Fung”), one of current largest investors and Titan Multi-Asset Fund SPC, a fund controlled by Yuanta Asset Management (“Titan Yuanta”).

The new LCD Joint Venture has been formed with Shanghai’s Symbol Media Corporation (“Symbol Media”) to build a new network of large format LCD screens at prominent entry points of high end shopping centers located at major central business district locations in Shanghai, mainly located along the Huai Hai Road and Nanjing West Road vicinity. SearchMedia shall own 51% of the Joint Venture with its local partner Symbol Media and its affiliates owning the remaining 49%. SearchMedia will also have the option to acquire the remaining 49% of the LCD Joint Venture starting in 2014.

Screens for the network are approximately 70 inches in length, allowing advertisers to promote their brands with large digital billboards in high impact locations with prominent street level views. Advertisements are broadcast in intervals which attract more attention to the screens while allowing a higher revenue yield per location. In addition, many of the screen locations are located adjacent to subway stations and busy intersections, providing an even wider consumer reach.

1 of 5

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Action Alerts PLUS

Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Quant Ratings

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
Stocks Under $10

David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
14-Days Free
Try it NOW
Only $9.95
Try it NOW
14-Days Free
Try it NOW

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Dividend Stock Advisor

David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Trifecta Stocks

Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutiny—quantitative, fundamental and technical analysis—to maximize profit potential and minimize risk.

Product Features:
  • Model Portfolio
  • Intra Day Trade alerts
  • Access to Quant Ratings
Options Profits

Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.

Product Features:
  • Actionable options commentary and news
  • Real-time trading community
Try it NOW
Try it NOW
Try it NOW
To begin commenting right away, you can log in below using your Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, OpenID or Yahoo login credentials. Alternatively, you can post a comment as a "guest" just by entering an email address. Your use of the commenting tool is subject to multiple terms of service/use and privacy policies - see here for more details.
Submit an article to us!
SYM TRADE IT LAST %CHG

Markets

DOW 17,712.66 +34.43 0.19%
S&P 500 2,061.02 +4.87 0.24%
NASDAQ 4,891.2190 +27.8570 0.57%

Partners Compare Online Brokers

Free Reports

Free Newsletters from TheStreet

My Subscriptions:

After the Bell

Before the Bell

Booyah! Newsletter

Midday Bell

TheStreet Top 10 Stories

Winners & Losers

Register for Newsletters
Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs