News Summary: Corn Prices Up As Harvest Begins
The Associated Press
CORN CLIMBS: Corn prices rose. The start of the harvest has renewed expectations of reduced yields because of drought damage.
PLATINUM GAIN: Platinum prices increased for a third trading session as South African workers remained off the job at a platinum mine northwest of Johannesburg. The Lonmin PLC mine said it has resumed some operations with about 30 percent of its work force. Managers told workers they need to return to work Tuesday or they will be fired.
WINNERS, LOSERS: Prices rose for gold, wheat, soybeans and gasoline. Oil and copper fell.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV