NEWBURGH, N.Y., Aug. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- M&T Bank has opened a new, energy-efficient, 3,310-square-foot retail branch on Route 9W in Newburgh, giving the community one of the most contemporary branches within the bank's multi-state network.
The new branch is part of M&T's $10 million investment initiative in the Hudson Valley, which has enhanced services and grown the bank's local business. M&T has already completed a combination of building renovations and interior improvements at 28 additional branches and installed advanced ATMs at all Hudson Valley locations.
"Our investment in the Hudson Valley has given us the opportunity to serve a wide range of new business and consumer customers and we intend to continue working hard to earn that business every day," said M&T Bank Regional President Mike Keegan.The Newburgh branch was constructed to Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design standards (LEED) established by the U.S. Green Building Council and includes a number of environmentally friendly features to make it a more comfortable place for customers to bank and employees to work including:
- Natural light is used extensively, including a large skylight in the middle of the main lobby. All glazing contains Low-E (Low Emissivity) coatings reducing solar heat gain.
- Roof assembly consists of a super insulated cavity with solar reflective roofing membrane.
- Interior lighting uses a combination of energy efficient fluorescent lamps, ceramic metal halide lamps, and light emitting diodes (LED's).
- Heating and cooling is provided by a geothermal design with an energy-recovery unit.
- The building skin is clad with a composite panel system that contains up to 70% recycled content.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts