Francesca's (FRAN) operates a national chain of retail boutiques designed and merchandised. Its Francesca's collections are a specialty retailer in the United States. This stock is trading up 1.4% at $34.76 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.1 millionAverage Volume: 806,862 Volume % Change: 165% >>5 Consumer Stocks Hedge Funds Love From a technical perspective, FRAN is moving notably higher here with above average volume, and it's started to enter breakout territory above some past overhead resistance at $33.93. This move is coming after FRAN soared on Friday from $31 to over $34 on monster volume. Traders should continue to look for long-biased traders in FRAN as long as it's trending above $34 to $33 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 806,862 shares as bullish. If we continue to see FRAN hold that trend, then this stock has a great chance of hitting $40 in the near future. The probability of hitting $40 will increase once it takes out today's intraday high of $36.11 with high volume. On the flipside, I would avoid FRAN or look for short-biased trades if it moves back below $32.75 to 32.50 with heavy volume. That would mean the breakout has failed and FRAN could retrace some of its recent gains. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV