Affymax (AFFY) is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in developing drugs to improve the treatment of serious and often life-threatening conditions. Its product candidate, peginesatide, is for the treatment of anemia in chronic kidney disease patients on dialysis. This stock is trading up 5% at $17.81 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.2 millionAverage Volume: 1 Volume % Change: 130% >>5 Stocks Poised for Breakouts From a technical perspective, AFFY is ripping higher here right off some near-term support at $17 with above average volume. This move has also pushed AFFY into breakout territory, since the stock has taken out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $17.16 to $17.33. This move has also pushed AFFY into new 52-week high territory, which is bullish technical price action. Traders should continue to look for long-biased traders as long as AFFY is trending above today's low of $16.95 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 1 million shares as bullish. If AFFY can hold that trend, then this stock has a great chance of hitting $20 in the near future. I also featured AFFY earlier this month in "5 Hated Stocks Set to Soar on Earnings."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV