Affymax (AFFY) is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in developing drugs to improve the treatment of serious and often life-threatening conditions. Its product candidate, peginesatide, is for the treatment of anemia in chronic kidney disease patients on dialysis. This stock is trading up 5% at $17.81 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.2 millionAverage Volume: 1 Volume % Change: 130% >>5 Stocks Poised for Breakouts From a technical perspective, AFFY is ripping higher here right off some near-term support at $17 with above average volume. This move has also pushed AFFY into breakout territory, since the stock has taken out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $17.16 to $17.33. This move has also pushed AFFY into new 52-week high territory, which is bullish technical price action. Traders should continue to look for long-biased traders as long as AFFY is trending above today's low of $16.95 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 1 million shares as bullish. If AFFY can hold that trend, then this stock has a great chance of hitting $20 in the near future. I also featured AFFY earlier this month in " 5 Hated Stocks Set to Soar on Earnings."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV