Investors Bancorp (ISBC), a New Jersey charted savings bank, is in the business of attracting deposits from the public through its branch network and borrowing funds in the wholesale markets to originate loans and to invest in securities. This stock is trading up 4.4% at $16.84 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 394,000Average Volume: 165,153 Volume % Change: 501% Shares of ISBC are ripping to the upside today after Barron's highlighted the stock in a report over the weekend, calling it a well-run, well-capitalized and growing bank selling at a discount price. >>5 Financial Stocks Hedge Funds Love From a technical perspective, ISBC is gapping up strong here with heavy volume, and it's breaking out above some near-term overhead resistance at $16.50. This move has now pushed ISBC into new 52-week high territory, which is bullish price action. Traders should now look for long-biased trades as long as ISBC is trending above that key breakout level of $16.50 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 165,153 shares as bullish. If we continue to see ISBC hold that trend, then this stock has a great chance of tagging $20 in the near future. On the flipside, if ISBC moves back below $16.50 with heavy volume, then it will likely fill today's gap and head lower.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV