Governor Beverly Perdue To Attend Harrah's Cherokee Casino & Hotel's Official Live Opening Ceremony
CHEROKEE, N.C., Aug. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- On Tuesday, Aug. 21 at 2:30 pm, Gov. Beverly Perdue and Principal Chief Michell Hicks of the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians, along with other tribal and state officials, will officially open live table game offerings at Harrah's Cherokee Casino & Hotel.
A new 30-year gaming compact between the Eastern Band and the state of North Carolina concluded in June, expanded the tribe's gaming enterprise, permits live dealers and has led to the creation of more than 500 new jobs at the casino resort complex.
"This milestone allows the Eastern Band to continue to share resources from the casino with the people of western North Carolina who have been hit hard economically in recent years as well as to help support school systems around the state," said Chief Hicks.
Currently blackjack, craps and roulette are up and running. Additional games will be available in the coming weeks. Harrah's Cherokee anticipates having up to 100 traditional table games available by late November. Traditional slot machines will be added to the mix and credit will be offered by early October.The $650 million expansion project at the 56-acre Harrah's Cherokee is one of the largest in the U.S., offering the greatest number of hotel accommodations in the Carolinas. SOURCE Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV