TAINAN, Taiwan, Aug. 9, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Himax Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq:HIMX) ("Himax" or "Company"), a leading supplier and fabless manufacturer of display drivers and other semiconductor products, today issued guidance for the third quarter ending September 30, 2012.
Based on information available to the Company as of August 9, 2012, Himax is projecting the following for the three months ending September 30, 2012:
|Net Revenues:||To be around flat compared to the second quarter of 2012|
|Gross Margin:||To be slightly up from the second quarter of 2012|
|GAAP EPS (1):||4 cents to 6.5 cents per diluted ADS, up 900% to 1,525% as compared to same period 2011|
|Non GAAP EPS (2):||8 cents to 10.5 cents per diluted ADS, up 196.3% to 288.9% as compared to same period 2011|
(1) GAAP earnings per diluted ADS guidance includes Himax's 2012 grant of restricted share units, or RSUs, at the end of September. 2012 RSUs, are subject to Himax's Board approval, and are assumed to be valued in the range of $11 to $12 million, of which approximately 60% will be vested and expensed immediately on the grant date.(2) Non-GAAP EPS excludes share-based compensation and acquisition-related charges. Mr. Jordan Wu, President and Chief Executive Officer of Himax elaborated, "As we will detail on our conference call, we have experienced robust growth in the last several quarters for our small and medium-sized driver business, particularly the smartphone. We expect our smartphone driver ICs slow down temporarily in the third quarter 2012 from the robust growth as lower-cost "pseudo smartphones" enter the Tier-2 marketplace. However, we remain bullish on the growth prospect of the smartphone segment and we expect to regain our growth momentum by continuing to focus on the tier-one customers as well as actively improving our engagement with China's second tier handset manufacturers. We also expect solid demand for several other products, including our driver ICs for large-panels in China; new product segments such as automotive, tablets and notebooks for our small and medium-sized driver ICs; and our fast-growing touch panel controllers in the non-driver product line. These product demands will produce noteworthy shipments in the second half of this year. We are also shifting the focus of our LCOS microdisplay business to a new application, head-mounted display.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV