SCHAUMBURG, Ill., Aug. 9, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:SGNT) today announced the launch of Oxaliplatin for Injection, USP, the generic form of the chemotherapy drug, Eloxatin ®, in two latex-free vial presentations. According to IMS data for the twelve-months ended June 2012, the U.S. market for Oxaliplatin for Injection, USP approximated $1.7 billion. As with all products in Sagent's portfolio, Oxaliplatin features the company's PreventIV Measures SM packaging and labeling designed to aid in the reduction of medication errors.
"Sagent is proud to expand its portfolio of oncology products," said Jeffrey M. Yordon, President, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board of Sagent. "Oxaliplatin for Injection, USP represents our sixth product launched at market formation."
About Oxaliplatin for Injection, USPWhen used in combination with infusional 5-fluorouracil/leucovorin, Oxaliplatin for Injection, USP is indicated for adjuvant treatment of stage III colon cancer in patients who have undergone complete resection of the primary tumor, as well as treatment of advanced colorectal cancer. The package insert, which is available at www.sagentpharma.com , contains detailed information about the indications, boxed warning, complete side effect profile, and prescribing information. About Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc., founded in 2006, is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing, manufacturing, sourcing and marketing pharmaceutical products, with a specific emphasis on injectables. Sagent has created a unique global network of resources, comprising rapid development capabilities, sophisticated manufacturing and innovative drug-delivery technologies, resulting in an extensive pharmaceutical product portfolio that fulfills the evolving needs of patients.
CONTACT: INVESTOR CONTACT: Jonathon Singer, Sagent (847) 908-1605
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV