FirstCity Financial Corporation Reports Second Quarter 2012 Results
WACO, Texas, Aug. 9, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
Highlights and Key Points:
- FirstCity reported second quarter 2012 earnings of $1.5 million or $0.14 per diluted share.
- FirstCity and its partners acquired $48.3 million of portfolio assets with a face value of $88.7 million during the second quarter of 2012.
- FirstCity and its partners, year to date, have acquired $139.6 million of portfolio assets with a face value of $298.8 million.
- FirstCity invested $6.8 million in non-portfolio debt and equity investments during the second quarter of 2012, bringing year-to-date totals to $11.7 million.
Components of FirstCity's quarterly and year-to-date results are summarized below:
|Three Months Ended||Six Months Ended|
|June 30,||June 30,|
|(Dollars in thousands, except per share data)||(Unaudited)|
|Portfolio Asset Acquisition and Resolution||$ 3,092||$ 2,604||$ 13,921||$ 7,589|
|Special Situations Platform||612||1,620||1,027||2,093|
|Corporate and other||(2,217)||(1,796)||(5,096)||(3,529)|
|Net earnings attributable to FirstCity||$ 1,487||$ 2,428||$ 9,852||$ 6,153|
|Diluted earnings per common share||$ 0.14||$ 0.24||$ 0.93||$ 0.60|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV