BEDMINSTER, N.J. and DUBLIN, Ireland, Aug. 8, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Amarin Corporation plc (Nasdaq:AMRN), a biopharmaceutical company focused on the commercialization and development of therapeutics to improve cardiovascular health, today announced financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2012 and provided an update on company operations.
- FDA approval of Vascepa TM (icosapent ethyl) capsules as an adjunct to diet to reduce triglyceride (TG) levels in adult patients with severe (TG≥500 mg/dL) hypertriglyceridemia
- Seven patent applications either issued, allowed or in advanced stages of prosecution with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, in addition to 25 other U.S. patent applications pending
- Receipt of an Intention to Grant letter for our MARINE method of use patent in Europe
- Vascepa ANCHOR Phase 3 clinical trial data published in The American Journal of Cardiology
- Vascepa Phase 3 clinical data presented at the National Lipid Association and American Diabetes Association scientific sessions
- Cash balance of $250.3 million at June 30, 2012