Second Quarter Revenue Increases 9% Year-over-Year to $115.5 Million Second Quarter Adjusted EBITDA (1) Increases 20% Year-over-Year to $12.0 Million Second Quarter Net Loss Improves 91% Year-over-Year to $(0.6) Million Expects Third Quarter Revenue of $142.0 - $147.0 Million and Adjusted EBITDA (1) of $16.5 - $17.5 Million
BLUE BELL, Pa., Aug. 8, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- UniTek Global Services, Inc. ("UniTek" or the "Company") (Nasdaq:UNTK), a premier provider of permanently outsourced infrastructure services to the telecommunications, broadband cable, wireless, transportation, public safety and satellite television industries, today announced financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012, provided financial guidance for the third quarter of 2012 and reaffirmed full year guidance.
2012 Second Quarter Financial and Recent Business Highlights
- Revenue grew 9% to $115.5 million, compared to $106.0 million in the second quarter of 2011.
- Adjusted EBITDA (1) increased by 20% to $12.0 million, compared to adjusted EBITDA (1) of $10.0 million in the second quarter of 2011.
- Net loss improved to $(0.6) million in the second quarter of 2012, compared to $(6.4) million in the second quarter of 2011, which included a $(3.5) million expense related to the April 2011 debt refinancing.
- Appointed Rocky Romanella as Chief Executive Officer, bringing over three decades of leadership experience in the business services industry including demonstrated successes in operational execution, customer solutions and overall business growth.
- 12-month backlog (2) as of June 30, 2012 totaled $503.0 million, an increase of $18.0 million over 12-month backlog (2) as of March 31, 2012.
- Awarded incremental turf in upstate New York from a major wireless carrier in the second quarter, adding to Company's 12-month backlog and supporting 2013 growth expectations.
- Awarded additional territories from ViaSat for fulfillment related to satellite internet service.
- Introduced third quarter 2012 guidance of between $142.0 and $147.0 million in revenue, representing 18% to 22% year-over-year growth, and between $16.5 and $17.5 million in adjusted EBITDA (1), representing 17% to 24% year-over-year growth.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV