Cash and cash equivalents as of June 30, 2012, were $22.0 million, which excludes net proceeds of $65.5 million from the recently completed equity offering and the subsequent repayment of our debt obligations to Oxford and Silicon Valley Bank of $21.2 million.
Ann Rhoads, executive vice president and chief financial officer said, "The equity offering we recently completed will provide us with resources to continue driving SUMAVEL DosePro growth and advance our research and development programs. It also allowed us to repay our term debt, which eliminates over $3.5 million in quarterly principal and interest payments. We expect the net proceeds of this financing after debt repayment to provide us with funding beyond the potential approval and commercial launch of Zohydro ER."
2012 Full Year Financial Guidance
The Company is reiterating its full year 2012 financial guidance as follows:
- Total revenue expected to be $45.5 - $48.5 million
- Prescription growth expected to be 25% - 30% over 2011
- Net product revenue expected to be $37 - $40 million
- Product gross margin expected to increase to 46% - 50% from 37% for 2011
- Research and development expenses expected to be $20 - $22 million
- Selling, general and administrative expenses expected to decline to $48 - $50 million from $60.4 million in 2011 due to lower fees to Astellas
- Net interest expense to be approximately $10 million for 2012, reflecting the payoff of the debt obligation with Oxford Finance LLC and Silicon Valley Bank resulting in a reduction of ongoing interest expense offset by a one-time charge in the third quarter of 2012 for the write off of unamortized debt discounts and debt acquisition costs relating to the loan, as well as prepayment premiums.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV