Second quarter net income from continuing operations was $41 million ($0.57 per diluted share), compared with $27 million ($0.39 per diluted share) in the second quarter of 2011. The increase resulted from the growth in operating income and the absence of costs related to the redemption of debt in connection with the spin-off from Cablevision partially offset by an increase in interest expense.
Net income from continuing operations for the six months ended June 30, 2012 was $84 million ($1.17 per diluted share), compared with $57 million ($0.82 per diluted share) in the prior year period.
1. See definition of Adjusted Operating Cash Flow ("AOCF") included in the discussion of non-GAAP financial measures on page 3 of this earnings release.
Net cash provided by operating activities was $166 million for the six months ended June 30, 2012, an increase of $46 million from the prior year period. The increase was primarily the result of the improved operating performance. Free Cash Flow 2 for the six months ended June 30, 2012 was $159 million, an increase of $44 million from the prior year period. The results reflect the increase in net cash provided by operating activities partially offset by an increase in capital expenditures over the prior year period.
|(dollars in thousands)||Three Months Ended June 30,||Six Months Ended June 30,|
|National Networks||$ 305,184||$ 266,728||14.4%||$ 609,407||$ 518,573||17.5%|
|International and Other||26,269||30,226||(13.1%)||52,615||55,607||(5.4%)|
|Total net revenues||$ 327,570||$ 291,965||12.2%||$ 653,809||$ 564,868||15.7%|
|National Networks||$ 135,623||$ 116,892||16.0%||$ 268,995||$ 223,248||20.5%|
|International and Other||(9,414)||(4,758)||n/m||(17,621)||(11,862)||48.5%|
|Total AOCF||$ 127,244||$ 112,031||13.6%||$ 252,914||$ 211,579||19.5%|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV