Resources Directed at Ampligen ® New Drug Application and Enhancements to Manufacturing Facility Continue
Net Comprehensive Loss Reduced
PHILADELPHIA, Aug. 8, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hemispherx Biopharma (NYSE MKT:HEB) announced its financial results for the three months ended June 30, 2012. The net loss for the period (including non-cash effects) was $3,000,000 or $(0.02) per share as compared to a net loss of $2,294,000 or ($0.02) per share for the same period in 2011. The net comprehensive loss for the period (net loss calculation including the impact of investments) was $2,786,000, as compared to a net comprehensive loss of $3,389,000 for the same period in 2011.This year-to-year increase in net loss for the three month period of $706,000 (31%) was predominantly impacted by:
- The fair value revaluation of the estimated liability related to certain redeemable warrants resulting in a non-cash loss of $387,000 in 2012 as compared to a non-cash gain of $643,000 for the same period in 2011, resulting in an increased non-cash loss of $256,000; and
- An increase in Research and Development costs of $112,000 related to our efforts towards the Ampligen ® New Drug Application ("NDA") and Alferon ® LDO preclinical testing; and
- An increase in General and Administrative expenses of $282,000, due primarily to legal fees related to the Cato Capital, LLC litigation and efforts to domesticate our judgment against Johannesburg Consolidated Investments in South Africa.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV