PLEASANTON, Calif., Aug. 8, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Adept Technology, Inc. (Nasdaq:ADEP),a leading provider of intelligent robots and autonomous mobile solutions, announces the introduction of the new Adept ClamPAC™ at Pack Expo booth #S-1454. This robotic Packaging Automation Cell, which gently packs clamshells into cases at high speeds, is designed to reduce the total cost of ownership by delivering a standardized, fully-integrated solution that can be dropped into any line. ClamPAC reduces the food processor's integration complexity and deployment time while providing the flexibility, dexterity and speed of a world-class robotic solution.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=13975
The launch of ClamPAC marks the first product to be released by Adept's new packaging solutions group. The group is focused on delivering standard pre-engineered cells that perform specific application tasks. Each model of Packaging Automation Cells, including the Adept ClamPAC, is built upon Adept's intelligent robotic products.ClamPAC is a standardized modular system that Adept Packaging Solutions adapts to each customer's production line. Before delivery, customer-specific modifications are made based on the size and design of the clamshells, the case sizes and the speed of the line. This approach makes it faster and more cost effective for customers to deploy a robotic solution for case packing clamshells. "This is an exciting development for food processors. It is the first robotic solution in the world to be pre-engineered and standardized to case pack clamshells," said John Boutsikaris, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Adept. "We're getting great feedback from customers who have installed ClamPAC about its ease of deployment and ease of use as well as its gentle handling and reliability."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV