5 Rocket Stocks to Buy This Week
BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Monday's early trading is kicking off a quiet start to the week -- just what investors need to keep this "shadow rally" going. Since the market made a near-term bottom back on June 4, this rally has accounted for nearly 90% of the gains that the S&P 500 has turned out in all of 2012. But investors are still anxious about investing in stocks.
That lack of participation in the rally is bound to have some interesting effects on investors' behavior as we approach Fall 2012. As investors go "risk on" to catch up to the climb that equities have made this year, they're going to help to propel stock prices even further -- especially when the toxic effects of treasuries start taking their toll.
It's one thing to sacrifice a negative real yield when stocks are super volatile; but big treasury exposure becomes a whole lot harder to justify when equities enjoy a 20% bull rally. And as I write, a 20% year is almost exactly where stocks' current trajectory has us pointed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV