EMERYVILLE, Calif., Aug. 20, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NovaBay ® Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE Amex:NBY), a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing its first-in-class, anti-infective Aganocide ® compounds for the local non-systemic treatment and prevention of infections, today announced that Dr. Ron Najafi, Chief Executive Officer, will present at the 2012 Southern California Investor Conference, held August 30, 2012, in Newport Beach, California.
Dr. Najafi and Tom Paulson, Chief Financial Officer, will be available to respond to questions and to participate in one-on-one meetings with investors attending the conference.
|Event||Southern California Investor Conference|
|Date||Thursday, August 30, 2012|
|Time||8:30 am PT|
|Place||Marriott Hotel-Newport Beach, Newport Beach, CA|
About NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc.Going Beyond Antibiotics NovaBay Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on addressing the large unmet therapeutic needs of the global anti-infective market with its two distinct categories of products. Aganocide ® Compounds NovaBay's first-in-class Aganocide compounds, led by NVC-422, are patented, synthetic molecules with a broad spectrum of activity against bacteria, viruses and fungi. Mimicking the mechanism of action that human white blood cells use against infections, Aganocides possess a very low likelihood that bacteria or viruses will be able to develop resistance, which is critical for advanced anti-infectives. Having demonstrated clinical efficacy in Phase 2 proof-of-concept clinical studies, NVC-422 is suited to treat and prevent a wide range of local, non-systemic infections. NovaBay's clinical development activities are focused on three disease areas:
- Dermatology – Partnered with Galderma, a leading dermatology company, to develop a formulation of NVC-422 for treatment of highly contagious skin infection, impetigo, caused primarily by S. aureus and Group A Beta-hemolytic streptococci. A major global Phase 2b clinical study is planned for 2012.
- Ophthalmology – NovaBay is developing an eye drop formulation of NVC-422 for treating adenoviral conjunctivitis. Enrollment into a global Phase 2b clinical study has begun with top-line data expected in the first half of 2013.
- Urology – NovaBay's urinary catheter irrigation solution containing NVC-422 is currently enrolling patients in its Phase 2 proof-of-concept clinical studies, with the goal of reducing the incidence of urinary catheter blockage and encrustation (UCBE) and associated urinary tract infections. The Company reported positive data from Part A of this study and expects to announce top-line results from Part B later in 2012.
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Connect with NovaBay on LinkedIn
- Join us on Google+
- Visit NovaBay's Website
CONTACT: Investors: NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Thomas J. Paulson Chief Financial Officer (510) 899-8809 email@example.com Investors and Media: The Ruth Group Stephanie Carrington / Nicole Greenbaum (Investors) (646) 536-7017 / 7009 firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com Victoria Aguiar (Media) (646) 536-7013 firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV