EMERYVILLE, Calif., Aug. 20, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NovaBay ® Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE Amex:NBY), a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing its first-in-class, anti-infective Aganocide ® compounds for the local non-systemic treatment and prevention of infections, today announced that Dr. Ron Najafi, Chief Executive Officer, will present at the 2012 Southern California Investor Conference, held August 30, 2012, in Newport Beach, California.
Dr. Najafi and Tom Paulson, Chief Financial Officer, will be available to respond to questions and to participate in one-on-one meetings with investors attending the conference.
|Event||Southern California Investor Conference|
|Date||Thursday, August 30, 2012|
|Time||8:30 am PT|
|Place||Marriott Hotel-Newport Beach, Newport Beach, CA|
About NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc.Going Beyond Antibiotics NovaBay Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on addressing the large unmet therapeutic needs of the global anti-infective market with its two distinct categories of products. Aganocide ® Compounds NovaBay's first-in-class Aganocide compounds, led by NVC-422, are patented, synthetic molecules with a broad spectrum of activity against bacteria, viruses and fungi. Mimicking the mechanism of action that human white blood cells use against infections, Aganocides possess a very low likelihood that bacteria or viruses will be able to develop resistance, which is critical for advanced anti-infectives. Having demonstrated clinical efficacy in Phase 2 proof-of-concept clinical studies, NVC-422 is suited to treat and prevent a wide range of local, non-systemic infections. NovaBay's clinical development activities are focused on three disease areas:
- Dermatology – Partnered with Galderma, a leading dermatology company, to develop a formulation of NVC-422 for treatment of highly contagious skin infection, impetigo, caused primarily by S. aureus and Group A Beta-hemolytic streptococci. A major global Phase 2b clinical study is planned for 2012.
- Ophthalmology – NovaBay is developing an eye drop formulation of NVC-422 for treating adenoviral conjunctivitis. Enrollment into a global Phase 2b clinical study has begun with top-line data expected in the first half of 2013.
- Urology – NovaBay's urinary catheter irrigation solution containing NVC-422 is currently enrolling patients in its Phase 2 proof-of-concept clinical studies, with the goal of reducing the incidence of urinary catheter blockage and encrustation (UCBE) and associated urinary tract infections. The Company reported positive data from Part A of this study and expects to announce top-line results from Part B later in 2012.
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Connect with NovaBay on LinkedIn
- Join us on Google+
- Visit NovaBay's Website
CONTACT: Investors: NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Thomas J. Paulson Chief Financial Officer (510) 899-8809 email@example.com Investors and Media: The Ruth Group Stephanie Carrington / Nicole Greenbaum (Investors) (646) 536-7017 / 7009 firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com Victoria Aguiar (Media) (646) 536-7013 firstname.lastname@example.org
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.