SANTA CLARA, Calif., Aug. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- FLASH MEMORY SUMMIT – LSI Corporation (NYSE: LSI) today announced that it will feature LSI® SandForce® SF-2200/2100 Client Flash Storage Processors (FSPs) in mobile computing technology demonstrations at the Flash Memory Summit, August 21-23, at the Santa Clara Convention Center.
LSI SandForce FSPs are the intelligence that manages flash memory in solid state drives (SSDs) and enable the power efficiency, accelerated application performance and sleek, lightweight designs that are driving the rapid growth of Ultrabooks™ and other mobile computing devices.
"LSI SandForce FSPs have been an ideal solution for meeting the high performance, longer battery life and compact form factor our ZENBOOK™ customers demand," said Y.C. Chen, Senior Director, Product Marketing Division, ASUS. "The complete solution approach from LSI SandForce also enables a faster time-to-market, which has been key to our early success in the rapidly expanding Ultrabook market segment."In addition, LSI experts will participate in tutorials and panel sessions discussing the latest flash memory-based technologies and trends, including PCIe ® flash cards and emerging storage interfaces, and provide their perspective on how they are impacting the current and future IT landscape. "Flash, with its high performance, low latency and low power consumption, is seeing rapid adoption across client and datacenter computing," said Jeff Richardson, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, LSI. "At the show we'll demonstrate the strong user benefits and customer return on investment that LSI's flash-based products deliver." LSI Demonstrations
- LSI will show its leadership in the fast-growing Ultrabook segment with hands-on demonstrations of Ultrabooks that are shipping with LSI SandForce Driven™ SSDs. The demos will feature LSI SandForce SF-2200/2100 Client Flash Storage Processors running real-world mobile computing applications to showcase the accelerated performance and power efficiency enabled by SandForce FSPs.
- LSI and Kingston Technology will demonstrate a Windows To Go-compatible USB 3.0 Flash drive. Windows To Go is a new feature of Windows 8 Enterprise that is designed for enterprise environments that will benefit by running Windows 8 from a USB drive to support mobile workforce, "bring your own PC," contractor and shared PC scenarios. LSI SandForce FSPs provide Kingston USB 3.0 Flash drives with the high performance and small form factor necessary to meet the Windows To Go requirements.
- LSI will display complete LSI SandForce reference designs and non-HDD form factor SSDs from LSI SandForce Driven Program members, as well as the LSI Nytro™ product portfolio of intelligent flash-based solutions for accelerating application performance in mega datacenters and cloud infrastructures.
- Tuesday, August 21, 8:30-9:50 a.m. (Session 101-B): Jeremy Werner, director of marketing, will present "Ultra-low Power System Designs for Ultrabooks" as part of a Mobile Applications session.
- Tuesday, August 21, 2:10-4:45 p.m. (Tutorial B-12): Earl Cohen, chief architect, will present "Why Variable-Size Matters Beyond Page-Based Flash Translation Layers" as part of a technical discussion on Flash-Based Memory Architectures.
- Tuesday, August 21, 2:10-4:45 p.m. (Tutorial D-12): Sumit Puri, director of strategic marketing, will participate in a panel discussion on "How will NVMe Affect the SSD Market?"
- Tuesday, August 21, 6:00-7:00 p.m. (Chat with Experts): Thad Omura, vice president of marketing, will co-lead a table session on Flash Controllers with an emphasis on frequently asked questions, best practices, hints and warnings, major issues, and key products and standards.
- Wednesday, August 22, 8:30-10:50 a.m. (Tutorial E-21): Kent Smith, senior director of marketing, will present "Understanding SSD Over-provisioning" as part of a controller and flash technology tutorial on extending performance below 20nm.
- Wednesday, August 22, 8:30-10:50 a.m. (Tutorial G-21): Steve Fingerhut, vice president of marketing, will present "Accelerating Enterprise Applications with PCIe Flash Caching" as part of an end-user-focused session on how flash-based solutions are helping to solve the challenges of "big data" and enable real-time business analytics.
- Wednesday, August 22, 8:30-9:40 a.m. (Session 201-A): Tom Heil, senior system architect, will participate in a panel session titled "Future Storage Interfaces: Which Way Are We Headed?" This session will focus on a wide range of storage interfaces and discuss their current and future positions in the flash memory world.
- Wednesday, August 22, 9:50-10:50 a.m. (Session 202-A): Steve Johnson, distinguished engineer, will participate in a panel session titled "SCSI Express: Fast and Reliable Flash Storage for the Enterprise." Panel members will explain the basics of SCSI Express and describe where it fits in enterprise servers and storage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV