Luxury home values rose in California’s major metropolitan markets in the second quarter of 2012 compared to a year ago, according to the First Republic Prestige Home Index™ by First Republic Bank, a leading private bank and wealth management company.
In the quarter that ended June 30, 2012, the Index indicated the following:
- San Francisco Bay Area values climbed 6.6% from the second quarter of 2011 and were up 2.9% from the first quarter of 2012. The average luxury home in San Francisco is now $2.67 million.
- Los Angeles area values increased 2.4% from the second quarter a year ago and jumped 4.3% from the first quarter of 2012. The average luxury home in Los Angeles is now $2.04 million.
- San Diego area values gained 2.5% year-over-year and declined 0.2% from the first quarter of 2012. The average luxury home in San Diego is now $1.65 million.
“The luxury home market continued to improve in the second quarter, with some neighborhoods experiencing strong price appreciation and accelerating interest from homebuyers,” said Katherine August-deWilde, President and Chief Operating Officer of First Republic Bank. “During the first half of 2012, buyers were motivated by a lack of supply and very low interest rates.”
First Republic Bank produces the Prestige Home Index each quarter with Fiserv CSW Inc., a leading provider of automated property valuation services and home price metrics to U.S. financial institutions. Historical results of the Index, which has tracked luxury homes since 1985, are accessible at www.firstrepublic.com. First Republic Bank is an active lender in the luxury home market for primary residences and vacation homes.San Francisco Bay Area Values In the Bay Area, prices appreciated 2.9% in the second quarter due to the strong economy. The 6.6% price increase compared to a year ago was the largest year-over-year gain since the first quarter of 2006.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV