NEW YORK ( TheStreet) - Sirius XM (SIRI) was a big gainer in pre-market trading on Monday, rising more than 2% as Liberty Media (LMCA) ramps up its efforts to gain control of the satellite radio giant.
Last week Liberty Media filed an application with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for 'de jure' control of the New York-based firm. Liberty also withdrew an earlier application for 'de facto' control of Sirius.
Sirius shares rose 2.54% to $2.625 on share volume of 3,329,915.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV