CHARLOTTE, N.C., Aug. 20, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Swisher Hygiene Inc. ("Swisher Hygiene") (Nasdaq:SWSH) (TSX:SWI), a leading provider of essential hygiene and sanitation products and services, announced today that on August 15, 2012 it received a letter from NASDAQ indicating that it is not in compliance with the filing requirements for continued listing under NASDAQ Listing Rule 5250(c)(1) since its Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2012 (the "June 30, 2012 Form 10-Q") will not be timely filed as a result of the company's continuing work on matters resulting from the previously disclosed audit committee investigation and procedures performed by the company's external auditors.
Swisher Hygiene notes the following information relating to the delayed filing:
- NASDAQ – As previously reported, Swisher Hygiene received non-compliance letters from NASDAQ on April 11, 2012 and May 15, 2012 in connection with its not timely filing its Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011 (the "Form 10-K") and Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2012 (the "March 31, 2012 Form 10-Q"), respectively. Pursuant to the August 15, 2012 letter from NASDAQ, Swisher Hygiene has until September 26, 2012 to file all delinquent filings, including the June 30, 2012 Form 10‑Q, and is required to submit an update to its original plan to regain compliance with NASDAQ's filing requirements for continued listing by August 30, 2012. Swisher Hygiene intends to submit an update to its original plan by August 30, 2012. During the process of regaining compliance with NASDAQ, Swisher Hygiene expects that its common stock will continue trading on NASDAQ under the symbol "SWSH."
- Canadian Securities Law Compliance/Toronto Stock Exchange – Swisher Hygiene has been noted in default of the continuous disclosure requirements by the securities regulators in several provinces of Canada for certain failures stemming from the non-compliance described above, including the failure to timely file its annual financial statements for the year ended December 31, 2011 and related information, and for publicly acknowledging that certain of its previously filed financial statements may no longer be relied upon. In connection with these defaults, Swisher Hygiene previously applied to the Ontario Securities Commission (the "OSC"), as its principal Canadian securities regulator, for a temporary order prohibiting its directors and officers from trading in the securities of Swisher Hygiene for as long as these defaults remain outstanding. If a management cease trade order is granted, it is not expected to affect the ability of persons who are not directors or officers of Swisher Hygiene to trade in the securities of Swisher Hygiene. In the absence of a management cease trade order, and in the event that the continuous disclosure defaults have not been remedied, the Canadian securities regulators may issue a general cease trade order against Swisher Hygiene. The shares of Swisher Hygiene's common stock trade on the TSX under the symbol "SWI."
Cautionary Statement on Forward-Looking InformationAll statements other than statements of historical fact contained in this press release constitute "forward-looking information" or "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the U.S. federal securities laws and the Securities Act (Ontario) and are based on the expectations, estimates and projections of management as of the date of this press release, unless otherwise stated. All statements other than historical facts are, or may be, deemed to be forward looking statements. The words "plans," "expects," "is expected," "scheduled," "estimates," or "believes," or similar words or variations of such words and phrases or statements that certain actions, events or results "may," "could," "would," "might," or "will be taken," "occur," and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts