dELiA*s, Inc. (NASDAQ: DLIA), a multi-channel retail company comprised of two lifestyle brands primarily targeting teenage girls and young women, today announced the results for its second quarter of fiscal 2012.
Second Quarter Fiscal 2012 Highlights:
- Total revenue increased 8.9% to $48.3 million from $44.3 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2011. Revenue from the retail segment increased 8.8% to $28.7 million, including a comparable store sales increase of 14.0%. Revenue from the direct segment increased 9.1% to $19.6 million.
- Consolidated gross margin was 33.4% compared to 27.0% in the prior year quarter, primarily due to increased merchandise margins and leveraging of occupancy costs.
- Net loss was $5.2 million, or $0.17 per diluted share, compared to net loss for the second quarter of fiscal 2011 of $9.6 million, or $0.31 per diluted share.
Walter Killough, Chief Executive Officer, commented, “We are extremely pleased with our second quarter performance in both our retail and direct segments. Our results were driven by favorable customer reaction to the changes in our merchandise assortments and visual presentation for our dELiA*s brand, which led to double digit increases in both comparable store sales and in our dELiA*s direct business, as well as higher merchandise margins.”
Mr. Killough continued, “In our retail segment, based on current trends we expect mid-single digit positive comparable store sales for the month of August, with improved merchandise margins. In the dELiA*s direct business, we have released our July and August catalogs which have generated double-digit sales increases to date compared to last year. We believe our performance demonstrates that our strategic initiatives have been effective and should continue to deliver improved results.”Results by Segment Retail Segment Results Total revenue for the retail segment for the second quarter of fiscal 2012 increased 8.8% to $28.7 million from $26.4 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2011. Retail comparable store sales increased 14.0% for the second quarter of fiscal 2012 compared to an increase of 7.2% for the second quarter of fiscal 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV