TEL AVIV, Israel, August 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
InspireMD, Inc. (OTCBB: NSPR) (the "Company" or "InspireMD"), a medical device company focusing on the development and commercialization of its proprietary MGuard™ embolic protection stent platform technology for use in patients with Acute Myocardial Infarctions, announced today that a multi-center randomized trial of its MGuard™ embolic protection stent demonstrated a positive outcome in treating patients suffering heart attacks when compared to commercially-approved bare metal or drug-eluting stents.
Detailed results will be presented at the upcoming Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) meeting in Miami ( October 22-26, 2012).
"We have reached a key milestone in the history of InspireMD," said Ofir Paz, the Company's chief executive officer. "We look forward to presenting detailed results of the MGuard™ MASTER trial at the TCT in October."The MASTER ( M Guard for A cute ST E levation R eperfusion) trial enrolled 433 patients in nine countries and was designed to evaluate the MGuard™ embolic protection stent compared to commercially-approved bare metal or drug-eluting stents in heart attack patients undergoing primary percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI). Heart attacks are the leading cause of death in the industrialized world. Approximately 3.2 million stenting procedures are expected to be performed worldwide in 2012, of which 850,000, or about 26 percent, will be for patients having heart attacks. Stents for heart attack patients are expected to represent $1.8 billion of stent sales, or nearly 30 percent of the $5.9 billion global stent market. The MGuard™ embolic protection stent is a coronary stent integrated with a proprietary micronet technology. The micronet is designed to hold plaque and thrombus in place against the blocked artery's wall, preventing debris from entering the bloodstream.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV