Huron Consulting Group (NASDAQ: HURN), a leading provider of business consulting services, today announced that it has been named one of Consulting magazine’s 2012 Best Firms to Work For.
“Being chosen two years in a row as one of Consulting magazine’s Best Firms to Work For is an honor and an indication that we are doing the right things to help our people succeed,” said James H. Roth, chief executive officer and president, Huron Consulting Group. “The recognition highlights our longstanding commitment and focus on our people and our Company values.”
The Company was recognized for its excellence in several areas:
- Work/Life Balance. Huron is committed to promoting a healthy work-life balance for its employees. The Company provides a generous and flexible time off policy that allows employees to work remotely or on variable schedules to accommodate family and personal obligations. To ease the demands of heavy workloads and out-of-town travel, Huron offers all full-time employees a reimbursement account for various wellness expenses as part of a broader wellness program and a travel recognition program for those who travel frequently.
- Career Development. Huron provides its people with training, coaching and mentoring to enable them to achieve career goals. The Company supports its people as they transition to new jobs and/or reach major milestones. New employees are oriented with an onboarding process that helps them acclimate to the Company, while more senior employees benefit from a structured milestone training to help progress in their careers. The environment centers on coaching and ongoing professional development opportunities including a balance of on-the-job training and formal training opportunities through the Company’s Huron Academy.
- Commitment to the Community. Huron encourages its people to get involved in the communities in which they live and work. Our employees share experiences and apply their professional skills while giving back through volunteerism, which is a fundamental part of Huron’s values. Huron Helping Hands brings employees together to support local community organizations that include Habitat for Humanity, Boys & Girls Clubs and the American Cancer Society. This May, Huron employees celebrated the Company’s 10th anniversary by participating in 33 community service events with 31 different organizations worldwide.
“ Consulting magazine’s recognition is especially meaningful this year, as Huron is celebrating its 10-year anniversary in 2012,” said James K. Rojas, chief operating officer, Huron Consulting Group. “We continue to experience significant growth against the backdrop of a very challenging economy, and the investments we make in training and professional development are paying benefits for the careers of our people, as well as the quality of work that we provide to our clients.”Headquartered in Chicago, Huron has a portfolio of service offerings focused on helping hospital, research institution, Fortune 500, and corporate law department clients address complex business challenges. The Company has three operating segments: Health and Education Consulting; Legal Consulting; and Financial Consulting. In 2011, Huron served more than 800 clients, including nearly 200 new clients. The Company has worked with more than 90 of the top 100 research universities, more than 275 general counsel, and more than 350 hospitals and academic medical centers. Huron was founded in 2002 with 200 people and has grown to more than 2,000 today. Since inception, the Company’s revenues have grown from $35.1 million in 2002 to $606.3 million in 2011. Huron has been named as one of the Best Firms to Work For in 2006, 2011 and 2012 by Consulting magazine. Consulting magazine’s 2012 Best Firms to Work For survey drew detailed employee engagement insights from nearly 13,000 consultants, representing more than 400 consulting firms. Consulting looked at six facets of employee satisfaction: Firm Culture, Career Development, Compensation & Benefits, Work/Life Balance, Client Engagement, and Firm Leadership. The complete ranking and survey findings are published in the August issue of Consulting magazine and at www.consultingmag.com. For more information about working at Huron, visit www.HuronWorks.com. About Huron Consulting Group Huron Consulting Group helps clients in diverse industries improve performance, comply with complex regulations, reduce costs, recover from distress, leverage technology, and stimulate growth. The Company teams with its clients to deliver sustainable and measurable results. Huron provides services to a wide variety of both financially sound and distressed organizations, including healthcare organizations, Fortune 500 companies, leading academic institutions, medium-sized businesses, and the law firms that represent these various organizations. Learn more at www.huronconsultinggroup.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV