WHY: The metal snap band can wear through the fabric covering, resulting in exposing sharp edges and posing a laceration hazard.
INCIDENTS: Eight reports of injuries including lacerations.
HOW MANY: About 89,500
FOR MORE: Call 800-356-0474 or visit http://www.toysmith.comDIGITAL CAMERAS DETAILS: EOS Rebel T4i Digital SLR Cameras imported by Canon U.S.A., Inc. of Lake Success, N.Y. and sold between June and July 2012. The digital camera has a 12-digit serial number printed on the bottom of the product. The Canon logo and the model name are printed on the front of the camera. WHY: A chemical used in the camera's rubber grips can result in a reaction that changes the grips from black to white, posing a risk of skin irritation to the consumer. INCIDENTS: One report of a consumer who developed a minor rash after contact with a surface where the camera had been. HOW MANY: About 68,200 FOR MORE: Call 855-902-3277 or visit http://www.usa.canon.com MACHETES DETAILS: Gerber Bear Grylls Parang Machetes imported by Gerber Legendary Blades of Portland, Ore. They were sold at sporting goods stores nationwide and online from January 2011 through June 2012. The curved blade machete has an overall length of 19.5 inches and a blade length of 13.5 inches. The handle is a dark gray textured rubber grip with wrist lanyard, orange trim and a "BG" on it. The blade is marked with the "GERBER" trademark and a Bear Grylls trademark. It comes in a black nylon sheath with orange and gray trim. The machetes were sold separately or as one of the products in Gerber's Apocalypse Survival Kit. WHY: A weakness in the area where the handle meets the blade can cause the handle or the blade to break during use, posing a laceration hazard to the consumer. INCIDENTS: 24 reports of breakages, including one report of a laceration injury in Canada that did not involve stitches.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV