SAN DIEGO, Aug. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Leap Wireless International, Inc. (NASDAQ: LEAP), a leading provider of innovative and value-driven wireless communications services, reported today that it has issued inducement awards to three new non-executive employees.
The awards were made on August 14, 2012 under Leap's 2009 Employment Inducement Equity Incentive Plan, which provides for the granting of equity awards to new employees of Cricket Communications, Inc. as an inducement to join the company. The inducement awards consist of options to purchase up to 12,500 shares of Leap common stock and deferred stock units for 3,600 shares of Leap common stock. The options have a ten year term and an exercise price equal to the fair market value of Leap common stock on the date of grant. The awards vest in four years, with the options vesting in equal 25 percent annual increments and the deferred stock units vesting in 25 percent equal increments on the second and third anniversaries of the date of grant and 50 percent on the fourth anniversary of the date of grant.
About LeapLeap provides innovative, high-value wireless services to a fast-growing, young and ethnically diverse customer base. With the value of unlimited wireless services as the foundation of its business, Leap pioneered its Cricket service. Cricket products and services are available nationwide through company-owned stores, dealers, national retailers and at MyCricket.com. Through its affordable, flat-rate service plans, Cricket offers customers a choice of unlimited voice, text, data and mobile Web services. Headquartered in San Diego, Calif., Leap is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the ticker symbol "LEAP." For more information, please visit www.leapwireless.com.SOURCE Leap Wireless International, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV