TV Chef Jeff Mauro With The Iowa State Fair Red Cup Showdown Winners. Left To Right: 1st Place Winner Eileen Gannon, 2nd Place Winner Anita Van Gundy, Judge Jeff Mauro, And 3rd Place Winner Kenzie Piper. (Photo: Business Wire)
The presidential candidates weren't the only ones vying to win over voters at the Iowa State Fair this week. Iowa's top home cooks with coffee creativity also battled for votes at the fair during the Seattle’s Best Coffee Red Cup Showdown – a competition at state fairs across the country and on Facebook to create the most imaginative new coffee drink. Eileen Gannon of Des Moines won the judges' votes and took home the first place blue ribbon with her coffee drink, "How to Win a Guy with One Sip."
“The Iowa contestants brought some serious coffee competition to our final state fair Showdown," said TV Chef Jeff Mauro. “In the end, Eileen Gannon took home the bacon with her 'How to Win a Guy with One Sip' drink. This eye-opener combined coffee with the unexpected flavors of caramelized bacon and subtle hints of pumpkin pie spice."
Gannon prepared her winning drink in front of a live audience for the Red Cup Showdown judging panel comprised of TV Chef Jeff Mauro, Mary Petersen from the Iowa State Fair and Jeff Chapman of Seattle’s Best Coffee in the Elwell Family Food Center at the Iowa State Fair. Anita Van Gundy from Des Moines came in second place for her “Raspberry White Chocolate Cheesecake” frozen coffee drink and Kenzie Piper of Waukee, Iowa, took home the third place ribbon for her “Busy Mama's Breakfast in a Mug” coffee beverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV