Finisar (FNSR) is a provider of optical subsystems and components that is used in data communication and telecommunication applications. This stock is trading up 3.6% at $15.46 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 2.5 millionAverage Volume: 2.6 million Volume % Change: 50% From a technical perspective, FNSR is spiking strongly to the upside today with decent volume. This move has started to push FNSR into breakout territory, since the stock is moving above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $15.10 to $15.32. FinisarTraders should now look for long-biased trades as long as FNSR is trending above today's low of $14.92 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 2,585,830 shares as bullish. If $14.92 holds, and if FNSR can hold a decent rend above those breakout levels, then this stock will have a great chance of re-testing and possibly taking out its 200-day moving average of $16.96 in the near future. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV