Shoe Carnival (SCVL) is a family footwear retailer. The company offers customers an assortment of dress, casual and athletic footwear for men, women and children with emphasis on national and regional name brands. This stock is trading up 3.4% at $22.89 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 132,000Average Volume: 74,331 Volume % Change: 163% >>5 Consumer Stocks Hedge Funds Love From a technical perspective, SCVL is moving notably higher here right off its 50-day moving average of $21.74 with above average volume. This move has pushed SCVL into breakout territory, since the stock has taken out some near-term overhead resistance at $22.34. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once the next major breakout trade triggers for SCVL. That trade will hit once SVCL sustains a move or close above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $22.88 to $23.58 with high volume. Look for volume off that move that registers near or above 74,331 shares. At last check, SCVL has hit an intraday high of $22.89 and volume is well above 74,331 shares. If that breakout hits soon, then look for SCVL to trade north of $25.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV