Shoe Carnival (SCVL) is a family footwear retailer. The company offers customers an assortment of dress, casual and athletic footwear for men, women and children with emphasis on national and regional name brands. This stock is trading up 3.4% at $22.89 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 132,000Average Volume: 74,331 Volume % Change: 163% >>5 Consumer Stocks Hedge Funds Love From a technical perspective, SCVL is moving notably higher here right off its 50-day moving average of $21.74 with above average volume. This move has pushed SCVL into breakout territory, since the stock has taken out some near-term overhead resistance at $22.34. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once the next major breakout trade triggers for SCVL. That trade will hit once SVCL sustains a move or close above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $22.88 to $23.58 with high volume. Look for volume off that move that registers near or above 74,331 shares. At last check, SCVL has hit an intraday high of $22.89 and volume is well above 74,331 shares. If that breakout hits soon, then look for SCVL to trade north of $25.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV