ORLANDO, Fla., Aug. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) received a $64 million contract from the U.S. Army to extend the Joint Air-to-Ground Missile (JAGM) Technology Development program.
The 27-month extended Technology Development program will include design, test and demonstration phases for the JAGM guidance section. The JAGM guidance section includes the seeker, dome and housing.
"Lockheed Martin's JAGM guidance section draws upon a legacy of trusted precision-guided weapons on the battlefield today including HELLFIRE, LONGBOW and Javelin," said Frank St. John, vice president of tactical missiles and combat maneuver systems in Lockheed Martin's Missiles and Fire Control business. "Our proposed JAGM weapon system can provide significant performance advantages to help meet warfighter needs and save lives."
Lockheed Martin has already successfully designed, tested and fielded missiles with both JAGM seeker modes; the precision-strike semi-active laser on HELLFIRE ® and the all-weather fire-and-forget millimeter wave on LONGBOW.Lockheed Martin's JAGM design offers warfighters operational flexibility and combat effectiveness and survivability with a single, low-cost advanced missile. Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs about 120,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The corporation's net sales for 2011 were $46.5 billion. For additional information, visit our website: http://www.lockheedmartin.com SOURCE Lockheed Martin
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV