MINNEAPOLIS, Aug. 9, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Wireless Ronin Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq:RNIN), a leading digital marketing technologies solutions provider, reported financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012.
Q2 2012 Highlights
- Recurring revenue increased 19% year-over-year to a record $475,000
- Gross profit was a record 61% of total revenue
- Achieved lowest quarterly non-GAAP loss in the company's history
- Partnered with Thomson Reuters to deliver Thomson Reuters Knowledge Direct Digital Signage―an integrated solution powered by RoninCast® software―to retail financial services locations worldwide
- Released new version of the company's flagship RoninCast software platform, which was a key driver of recent wins and new pilot programs, including Nissan Canada and Burgerville
Q2 2012 Financial ResultsRevenue in the second quarter of 2012 decreased 12% sequentially to $1.6 million from $1.8 million in the prior quarter, and decreased 49% from $3.1 million in the same year-ago period. The decrease from both periods was primarily due to fewer orders for the iShowroom-branded tower application from Chrysler. Recurring revenue in the second quarter of 2012 from the company's hosting and support services increased 2% to a record $475,000 or 31% of total revenue from $466,000 or 26% of total revenue in the previous quarter and increased 19% from $400,000 or 13% of total revenue in the same year-ago period. Gross profit in the second quarter of 2012 was $945,000 or a record 61% of total revenue, compared to $949,000 or 54% of total revenue in the previous quarter, and $1.4 million or 46% of total revenue in the same year-ago period. Net loss in the second quarter of 2012 totaled $1.2 million or $(0.05) per basic and diluted share, an improvement from a net loss of $1.8 million or $(0.08) per basic and diluted share in the previous quarter, and an improvement from a net loss of $1.4 million or $(0.07) per basic and diluted share in the same year-ago period. Net loss for the second quarter of 2012 included $132,000 of non-cash stock compensation expense versus $161,000 in the previous quarter and $178,000 in the second quarter of 2011.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts