Added Mr. Pera: "The Ubiquiti brand is dominant in our markets and demand for our technology is stronger than ever. This dominance has led to an unfortunate side effect whereby a few previously terminated distributors setup counterfeit AirMax manufacturing operations. Although they have impacted our sales channel and caused some marketplace confusion, we have made substantial and tangible progress in diminishing their activities through a comprehensive legal strategy that has resulted in imprisonment, injunctions, and asset freezes of the counterfeiters. In addition, Ubiquiti has implemented sophisticated anti-counterfeit manufacturing processes to substantially protect all of our new platforms and new AirMax products against any future counterfeit attempts."
Share Repurchase Program
Ubiquiti today announced that its Board of Directors has authorized the company to repurchase as much as $100 million of Company common stock. The Company is authorized to repurchase shares of its outstanding common stock on the open market or in privately negotiated transactions. The share repurchase program will be funded from existing cash on hand and from the proceeds related to amended term loan and revolving credit line agreements. We expect the share repurchase program will commence Monday, August 13, 2012.
Business OutlookUbiquiti currently believes the demand environment in its end markets supports the following forecast for the Company's fiscal first quarter ending September 30, 2012:
- Revenues of $62 million to $70 million
- GAAP Diluted EPS of $0.14 to $0.17
- Non-GAAP Diluted EPS of $0.14 to $0.17
- We believe that the amount of counterfeited goods, combined with the impact it has on our distributor's inventory and the purchasing patterns of our customers, will impact our business outlook for the next two fiscal quarters.
- Ubiquiti has taken comprehensive legal actions to stop the counterfeiters and minimize the impact of their activities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV