VENTURA, Calif., Aug. 9, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Clean Diesel Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq:CDTI) ("CDTi"), a cleantech emissions control company, announced today its financial results for the second quarter and six months ended June 30, 2012. Highlights were as follows:
- Second quarter revenue of $16.7 million, up 45% year over year
- Second quarter net loss of $0.31 per diluted share compared to net loss of $0.89 for second quarter last year
- Year to date cash used in operating activities of $0.8 million versus $5.0 million used for the same period last year
Second Quarter 2012 Financial Results
Total revenue for the second quarter of 2012 was $16.7 million, an increase of $5.2 million, or 45.0%, from $11.5 million for the prior year second quarter. Revenue for CDTi's Heavy Duty Diesel Systems division for the quarter ended June 30, 2012 increased $1.4 million, or 15.0%, to $11.0 million from $9.6 million for the same prior year quarter. Revenue, excluding intercompany sales, for CDTi's Catalyst division for the quarter ended June 30, 2012 increased $3.8 million, or 191.8%, to $5.7 million from $1.9 million for the same prior year quarter. Intercompany sales to its Heavy Duty Diesel Systems division were $0.7 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2012 compared to $1.9 million for the same prior year quarter.Total operating expenses for the second quarter of 2012 were $6.1 million, compared to $6.9 million in the prior year second quarter. Net loss for the second quarter of 2012 was $2.3 million, or $0.31 per share, compared to net loss of $3.6 million, or $0.89 per share, in the prior year second quarter. Net loss for the second quarter of 2012 included a charge for severance expense of $0.3 million. Net loss also included non-cash expense of approximately $0.1 million related to stock based compensation expense and $0.4 million related to depreciation and amortization of intangible assets, for a total of approximately $0.5 million compared to $0.9 million and $0.4 million, respectively, for a total of approximately $1.3 million in the net loss for the same period in 2011. Weighted average common shares outstanding were 7,221,000 in the current quarter compared to 4,009,000 in the same quarter a year ago, with the increase in the number of shares due principally to the public offering completed on July 5, 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV