Anchor BanCorp Wisconsin Inc. Announces First Quarter Results
MADISON, Wis., Aug. 9, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Anchor BanCorp Wisconsin Inc. (OTC Market: ABCW.PK) today announced a net loss available to common equity of $3.4 million, or $0.16 per common share, for the three months ended June 30, 2012. This compares to a net loss available to common equity of $7.4 million, or $0.35 per common share and $8.2 million, or $0.38 per common share, for the three months ended March 31, 2012 and June 30, 2011, respectively.
- AnchorBank fsb (the "Bank) remains adequately capitalized for the eighth consecutive quarter.
- Net loss available to common equity decreased $4.0 million or 53.7 percent in the first quarter of fiscal 2013 compared to the preceding quarter ending March 31, 2012 and $4.7 million or 58.1 percent compared to the year ago quarter ending June 30, 2011.
- Non-performing loans decreased to $189.0 million at June 30, 2012 from $224.9 million in the preceding quarter.
- Net charge-offs also decreased, by $16.4 million or 67.4 percent, in the current quarter to $7.9 million from $24.3 million in the quarter ending March 31, 2012. Quarterly net charge-offs were below $10.0 million for the first time since the quarter ending March 31, 2010.
- Gross return on mortgage banking totaled $4.2 million in the current quarter, a decrease of $3.6 million, or 46.5 percent from $7.8 million in the preceding quarter; but an increase of $2.4 million over the same period a year ago.
- Total assets were essentially flat, decreasing by $5.4 million or 0.2 percent during the quarter to $2.8 billion at June 30, 2012.
- Cost of funds declined to 1.56 percent in the quarter ending June 30, 2012 compared to 1.78 percent in the year ago quarter as the Bank aggressively managed deposit pricing.
- Service charges on deposits improved to $2.9 million in the current quarter, up 7.3 percent and 2.6 percent over the preceding and prior year quarters, respectively.
- Investment and insurance commissions increased 9.3 percent in the current quarter to $1.0 million compared to the quarter ending March 31, 2012. This is the third time in the past three years that commission income has exceeded the million dollar threshold.
Bank Capital Ratios
|June 30, 2012|
|June 30,||March 31,||June 30,||Increase (decrease) vs.|
|(Dollars in thousands)||2012||2012||2011||3/31/12||6/30/11|
|Tier 1 capital||$127,026||$125,894||$144,384||$1,132||($17,358)|
|Adjusted total assets||2,783,319||2,792,122||3,255,388||(8,803)||(472,069)|
|Tier 1 leverage ratio||4.56%||4.51%||4.44%||0.05%||0.12%|
|Total risk-based capital||$148,738||$149,141||$171,563||($403)||($22,825)|
|Risk weighted assets||1,656,451||1,771,260||2,062,719||(114,809)||(406,268)|
|Total risk-based capital ratio||8.98%||8.42%||8.32%||0.56%||0.66%|
|Memo: Bank quarterly net income||$913||($144)||($1,067)||$1,057||$1,980|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV