DryShips Inc. (DRYS)
Q2 2012 Earnings Call
August 17, 2012, 08:00 am ET
ExecutivesGeorge Economou - Chairman, President & CEO Ziad Nakhleh - CFO Pankaj Khanna - COO Analysts Justin Yagerman - Deutsche Bank Michael Webber - Wells Fargo Natasha Boyden - Global Hunter Brandon Oglenski - Barclays Fotis Giannakoulis - Morgan Stanley Martin Korsvold - Pareto Randy Loffman - Imperial Capital David Epstein - CRT Capital Presentation
» Lowe's Companies Management Discusses Q2 2012 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
» Foot Locker Management Discusses Q2 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
Ziad Nakhleh Thank you. Good morning everyone. I am on slide four. For the second quarter 2012, DryShips posted a U.S. GAAP net loss of $18.2 million or $0.05 per share. Our shipping segments are slipping further into [duress] as our time-charter equivalent rates continue to slide as a result of both drybulk vessels coming off charter and spot markets deteriorate. The bright spots for the quarter are positive EBITDA and cash provided by operations mainly fueled by offshore segment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV