Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
A stock in the food processing complex that's trending close to triggering a major breakout trade is Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR), which is engaged in the specialty coffee and coffee maker businesses. This stock has been hammered by the bears so far in 2012, with shares down over 44% so far.
If you take a look at the chart for Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, you'll see that this stock was slammed by the short-sellers during the last six months, with shares dropping from over $65 to its recent low of $17.11 a share. During that sharp move lower, shares of GMCR have consistently made lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, shares of GMCR have now bounced hard off that low of $17.11, and it's moved back above its 50-day moving average of $20.99 a share. That move has pushed GMCR within range of triggering a major breakout trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV