TAIPEI, Taiwan, Aug. 13, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Asia Pacific Wire & Cable Corporation Limited (Nasdaq:APWC) ("APWC" or the "Company"), a leading manufacturer of wire and cable products for the telecommunications and electric-power industries in selected Asia-Pacific markets, today announced that the Company will hold its annual general meeting of shareholders (the "Meeting") on Friday, October 5, 2012 at the principal executive offices of the Company.
The time and location of the Meeting are as follows:
Date: Friday, October 5, 2012 Time: 9:00 p.m. (Taipei time) / 9:00 a.m. (Eastern Daylight Time / New York time) Location: 132 Min-Sheng East Road, Section 3, Room B, 7th Fl., Taipei, 105 Taiwan, ROCThe Meeting is being held for the purposes below, and additional information, including the agenda of all matters being put to a vote of shareholders, will be provided in the Notice of Meeting and related proxy statement that will be provided to shareholders. 1. To approve the total number of directorships on the Board; 2. To elect the directors of the Company; 3. To approve the compensation of the directors of the Company; 4. To approve the appointment of Ernst & Young as the independent auditor of the Company for the 2012 fiscal year; 5. To consider such other matters as may be appropriately brought before the Shareholders; 6. To report on the Company's performance in 2011 and financial results for the first six months of 2012; and 7. To conduct a Question and Answer session with the Shareholders. The record date for shareholders wishing to participate in the Meeting is August 20, 2012. All shareholders of record as of the record date shall be entitled to one vote per share on all matters put to shareholders at the Meeting, all as more fully described in the Notice of Meeting and related proxy statement that will be provided to shareholders of record.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV