RENTON, Wash., Aug. 10, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- First Financial Northwest, Inc. ("Company") (Nasdaq:FFNW), today announced that Joe Kiley had been appointed as President and Chief Executive Officer of First Savings Bank Northwest ("Bank"), the Company's financial institution subsidiary, and will take over responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the Bank. Mr. Kiley will also serve on the Bank's Board of Directors.
"We are looking forward to the experience Joe will bring to the Bank and will look to his leadership skills as he helps us continue to move forward with improving the Bank's performance," said Mr. Karpiak.
Mr. Kiley, a 56-year-old banking executive from California with over 20 years of banking experience, expects to begin work at the Bank on September 17, 2012. "I am excited to be joining First Savings Bank Northwest," said Mr. Kiley.In connection with the appointment of Mr. Kiley as President and Chief Executive Officer of the Bank, the Company, the Bank, and First Financial Diversified, Inc. ("FFD"), a subsidiary of the Company, have entered into a transition agreement with Victor Karpiak, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company, the Bank, and FFD. Mr. Karpiak will retire as President and Chief Executive Officer of the Bank on September 17, 2012, but will continue to be employed as Executive Chairman of the Bank to facilitate the executive succession at the Bank. The Bank also announced the separation of the Chief Lending and Credit Administration Officer position. Herman L. Robinson will continue as Senior Vice President and Chief Credit Officer of the Bank, and Simon Soh was promoted from the Bank's Loan Production Manager to its Chief Lending Officer. The appointment of Mr. Soh is subject to approval by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and the Washington Department of Financial Institutions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV