- Repaid $12.1 million in debt during the second quarter of 2012; repaid $23.9 million in the six months ended June 30, 2012 and $139.3 million since the fourth quarter 2009
Ian Webber, Chief Executive Officer of Global Ship Lease, stated, "For the second quarter of 2012, our fleet of 17 vessels operating on long-term fixed rate charters generated EBITDA of $26.8 million and achieved utilization of 99%, during a challenging economic environment. In addition, our sizeable and stable cash flows enabled us to continue to strengthen our balance sheet at a time in which we have no purchase obligations. We reduced our debt by $12.1 million during the quarter, for a total repayment of $139.3 million since the fourth quarter of 2009."
Mr. Webber continued, "We have recently signed new time charters with CMA CGM for two of our vessels whose current contracts expire in September. Consistent with our business model of operating our fleet on fixed rate charters, these vessels will be chartered for approximately eight months at a rate of $9,962 per day. With these new agreements, we now have a contracted revenue stream of $1.1 billion with an average remaining term of 7.8 years. Notably, by keeping these ships with CMA CGM, we will not experience any offhire days, incur any costs associated with repositioning these vessels or pay any third party brokerage fees."
|SELECTED FINANCIAL DATA – UNAUDITED|
|(thousands of U.S. dollars)|
|Three months ended June 30, 2012||Three months ended June 30, 2011||Six months ended June 30, 2012||Six months ended June 30, 2011|
|Net Income (Loss)||7,514||(11,693)||15,464||(854)|
|Normalised Net Income (1)||6,607||5,754||11,881||11,631|
(1) EBITDA and Normalized net income are non-US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) measures, as explained further in this press release, and are considered by Global Ship Lease to be useful measures of its performance. Reconciliations of such non-GAAP measures to the interim unaudited financial information are provided in this Earnings Release.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV