Best Buy (BBY)
Best Buy operates in a single business segment, selling personal computers and other home office products, consumer electronics, entertainment software, major appliances and related accessories principally through its retail stores. Best Buy trades an average of 11.5 million shares per day with a marketcap of $5 million.
Yield: 3.51%Dividend Amount: 17 cents Ex-Dividend Date: Sept. 7 Beta: 1.31 Strategy: Buy Best Buy stock and offer to sell the September $17 strike or lower call for 23 cents over the intrinsic value. I don't want the option hedge unless the sale will provide at least the minimum 23 cents over intrinsic value. My target is for a gain of near 15 cents, plus dividend. The most I can make is 40 cents if I hold the covered call through option expiration day and the stock gets called away. Frontier Communications (FTR) FTR data by YCharts
Frontier is a full-service communications provider and one of the largest rural local exchange telephone companies in the country. Frontier trades an average of 11.3 million shares per day with a marketcap of $5 million. Yield: 8.58% Dividend Amount: 10 cents Ex-Dividend Date: Sept. 5 Beta: 0.74 Strategy: Frontier's dividend skews the premium for options because of the relatively large yield. This sets up an opportunity for those that are bullish with Frontier. Buy the September $4 call for 7 cents or less above the intrinsic value. The carrying cost is about half a cent per day with a very high delta. Total possible risk is about 70 cents with no upside limit on profit. After breaking above the 200 day moving average, Frontier appears ready to make another leg up for those willing to take on a riskier position. At the time of publication, the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV