CBS is a mass media company that creates and distributes industry-leading content to audiences worldwide. CBS trades an average of 5.7 million shares per day with a marketcap of $5 million.
Yield: 1.33%Dividend Amount: 12 cents Ex-Dividend Date: Sept. 6 Beta: 2.21 Strategy: CBS is in a strong bull trend. Take advantage of the cheap calls. Buying calls mitigates your risk, but with very little time premium you get over two weeks before ex-dividend and about 35 days before option expiration. If you believe CBS will continue to move up, buy the $32 September calls for 15 cents above intrinsic value. CBS needs to increase in price an average of one cent per day to make the trade worthwhile. Johnson Controls, Inc. (JCI) JCI data by YCharts
Johnson Controls is a global market leader in automotive systems and facility management and control. The company was founded in 1885 and is headquartered in Milwaukee. Johnson trades an average of 5.7 million shares per day with a marketcap of $5 million. Yield: 2.67% Dividend Amount: 18 cents Ex-Dividend Date: Sept. 5 Beta: 1.81 Strategy: Buy Johnson Controls stock and offer to sell the September $26.00 strike or lower call for 37 cents over the intrinsic value. I will attempt to close out the trade with a gain of near 21 cents, plus dividend. If my shares are called away before trading ex-dividend (resulting from the option buyer wanting the dividend), I gain about 37 cents. The most I can make is 55 cents if I hold the covered call through option expiration day and the stock gets called away.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV