DALLAS, Aug. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Kimberly-Clark Corporation (NYSE: KMB) received an A+ rating from Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) on its 2011 Corporate Sustainability Report – Full Circle, which highlights the company's progress towards its Sustainability 2015 goals. GRI is a non-profit organization promoting economic, environmental and social sustainability by providing organizations with a comprehensive sustainability reporting framework used worldwide.
"Receiving the A+ GRI rating is a testament to the commitment that our leaders and our employees have to sustainability across our entire value chain involving every function, brand and business at K-C," said Peggy Ward, Director, Sustainability Strategy at Kimberly-Clark. "While we are proud of our 2011 progress and the quality level of our sustainability report, we recognize that sustainability is a journey that we will never complete."
The 2011 Sustainability Report was released in May 2012 and is K-C's ninth such annual report. The report is structured around the company's Sustainability 2015 strategy framework of People, Planet and Products introduced last year. The new framework represents K-C's most ambitious and comprehensive sustainability strategy to date, and embodies the company's commitment to weaving a sustainable business practice and mindset into every facet of the organization and as an integral part of its Global Business Plan.
In order to secure the A+ rating, Kimberly-Clark fulfilled all 79 indicators established by GRI under the headings of Economic Performance, Labor Practices, Human Rights, Environmental Practices, Society Performance and Product Responsibilities. Some of the key highlights of our activities captured in the report include:Notable 2011 Kimberly-Clark Sustainability Accomplishments
- Sourced 99.9 percent of its fiber from suppliers certified by sustainable forestry practices.
- Generated 13 percent of 2011 net sales from environmentally innovative products.
- Accomplished its goal of zero workplace fatalities.
- Communicated to all of its key suppliers its Supplier Social Compliance Standards, which encourages suppliers to align its operations with K-C's Code of Conduct practices and internationally accepted standards for corporate social responsibility and human rights.
- Achieved zero manufacturing waste to landfill from all its European Personal Care business facilities.
- Extended the Huggies brand Every Little Bottom campaign in the U.S. to assist moms who struggle to provide their babies clean disposable diapers.
- Expanded the Huggies diaper composting initiatives by opening a second K-C-sponsored recycling plant in New Zealand.
- Kleenex brand became the first U.S. consumer tissue to offer Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified tissue products and extended its Kimberly-Clark Professional business' FSC certification to more than 95 percent of its tissue and towel lines in North America.
- Initiated water-replenishment projects in India, Israel, Colombia and Spain, anticipating an annualized return of 205 million gallons of water to surrounding communities.
- Conducted social initiatives in 23 countries, providing cash and product donations totaling more than $32 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV