- Sourced 99.9 percent of its fiber from suppliers certified by sustainable forestry practices.
- Generated 13 percent of 2011 net sales from environmentally innovative products.
- Accomplished its goal of zero workplace fatalities.
- Communicated to all of its key suppliers its Supplier Social Compliance Standards, which encourages suppliers to align its operations with K-C's Code of Conduct practices and internationally accepted standards for corporate social responsibility and human rights.
- Achieved zero manufacturing waste to landfill from all its European Personal Care business facilities.
- Extended the Huggies brand Every Little Bottom campaign in the U.S. to assist moms who struggle to provide their babies clean disposable diapers.
- Expanded the Huggies diaper composting initiatives by opening a second K-C-sponsored recycling plant in New Zealand.
- Kleenex brand became the first U.S. consumer tissue to offer Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified tissue products and extended its Kimberly-Clark Professional business' FSC certification to more than 95 percent of its tissue and towel lines in North America.
- Initiated water-replenishment projects in India, Israel, Colombia and Spain, anticipating an annualized return of 205 million gallons of water to surrounding communities.
- Conducted social initiatives in 23 countries, providing cash and product donations totaling more than $32 million.
Kimberly-Clark Receives A+ GRI Rating For 2011 Sustainability Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.