Entropic Communications Highlights Next-Gen Connected Home Platform Solutions At IBC2012; Bridging More Content To The Consumer By Advancing Global Pay-TV Operators' Transition To Hybrid Broadcast And IP Video Distribution
SAN DIEGO, Aug. 13, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Entropic Communications, Inc. (Nasdaq:ENTR), a world leader in semiconductor solutions for the connected home, will highlight 'what's new and next' in connected home entertainment delivery at the upcoming IBC2012 in Amsterdam, September 7-11, 2012.
Internet streaming continues to grow at a rapid clip, according to the Digital Entertainment Group (DEG). The home entertainment industry group reported consumer spending on home entertainment rose 1.4 percent during the first six months of the year, to more than $8.4 billion, compared with $8.3 billion for the same period a year ago. Video-on-Demand (cable, satellite) grew 11.6 percent over the same period in 2011, while Internet streaming subscriptions reached triple digit growth with a 430 percent increase.
With the anticipated video streaming growth rates, Entropic is well positioned to help global Pay-TV operators' transition to hybrid and IP video distribution – from bringing content into the home to streaming HTML5 and advanced graphics content with open standards set-top boxes (STBs) running over the fastest whole-home network with a MoCA® 2.0 (Multimedia over Coax) home network.At IBC2012, Entropic will demonstrate the power, flexibility and performance of its platform solutions to bridge and deliver high definition (HD) and multimedia content to the consumer. Located in the private meeting suite G106/107, the Company will highlight:
- TV Everywhere: Today's entertainment marketplace provides an abundance of options for receiving content and Entropic's portfolio of open standard STB solutions including videoconferencing, transcoding and MoCA backbone solutions help bridge content to the screen of the viewer's choice. Remote user interface clients enable operator based look and feel in IP client devices while MoCA + Wi-Fi extenders help link broadcast content to tablets and smart phones. Entropic's demonstration allows you to watch TV everywhere and on any device.
- Internet Channel: In addition to traditional broadcast medium, HD media content is widely available via Internet sources. Entropic will highlight several ways Internet-based content can provide rich entertainment experiences:
- Operator based applications on gaming platforms
- Over-the-top solutions such as Netflix, LoveFilm and the BBC's iPlayer
- Peer to peer video conferencing overlay leveraging powerful open standards STB solutions
- High-speed data exchange to and from the Cloud
- Retail MoCA adapters to enable consumers to construct high-speed networking backbones to handle parallel consumption of the new Internet content channels
- Media Processing: Entropic will show its technical capability to run next-generation HTML5 consumer applications from an Entropic-based set-top box over a MoCA 2.0 home network. The demonstration will highlight the ease at which HD content can be transcoded to enable content bridging from the MoCA backbone to tablet devices via a connected MoCA/Wi-Fi adapter. Additionally, leveraging an open standard software stack running on the Linux operating system, Entropic will show an innovative dual-mode 'proof of concept' set-top box demo that allows Pay-TV operators to add an Android® platform to a legacy application.
- Sat-to-Screen: Demonstrating capabilities for bringing satellite content to the home, Entropic's end-to-end solution provides the means to implement home architectures from a pure-play product line. Entropic's Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS) outdoor unit (ODU) solution captures and distributes the satellite signal on a single wire throughout the home while Entropic's STB SoC powers full-featured content consumption experiences. Additionally, Entropic will discuss how its recently acquired digital channel stacking switch (dCSS) assets provide a path to future DBS ODU technologies, including laying the foundation for Sat-IP.
- Broadband Access and MoCA Home Networking Performance: Entropic will demonstrate current Broadband Access Network Controller (NC) and Customer Premise Equipment (CPE) products bridging more than 100Mbps WAN connectivity into a MoCA backbone for a high bandwidth home network. In addition, Entropic will showcase a production MoCA 2.0 solution with turbo mode performance at 500Mbps MAC throughput, as well as demonstrate 2Gbps MAC throughput over coaxial cable for next generation access technology.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV