- Q2 EBITDA of $838,000, excluding one-time items; vs. guidance range of $740,000 to $840,000
- Q2 Revenue of $4.2 million vs. guidance range of $4.10 to $4.20 million
- Q2 Earnings of $0.03 per share, excluding one-time items
AUSTIN, Texas, Aug. 14, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Asure Software, Inc. (Nasdaq:ASUR), a leading provider of workplace management software, announced results for the second quarter ended June 30 th, 2012.
Second quarter results, excluding one-time items, included earnings of $0.03 per share and EBITDA of $838,000. One-time acquisition-related legal and professional services, site consolidation and other one-time expenses related to Asure's acquisitions of PeopleCube, ADI Time and Legiant amounted to $487,000, or ($0.10) per share.
Asure recently split the company's common stock on a 3-for-2 basis, in the form of a 50% stock dividend. This split went into effect on May 1, 2012.KEY FACTS FOR Q2: Second quarter revenue was $4.2M, a 0.5% increase over the prior quarter, and a 73% increase over the second quarter of 2011. The year over year increase was largely driven by the full quarter effect of the acquisitions of ADI Time and Legiant, which occurred in the fourth quarter of 2011. Asure's recurring revenue as a percentage of overall revenue remained strong at 76%. Gross margins improved sequentially by one point, to 76%. Total bookings increased 8% sequentially, while cloud bookings were down 30% sequentially, largely due to successful seasonal promotions for our AsureForce offerings in the first quarter. "The second quarter of 2012 recognized continued strong growth in organic cloud bookings," commented Pat Goepel, Asure Software's Chief Executive Officer. "The increase of 10% year over year with first year contract comparisons confirms the results of our strategy, as well as the acceptance of our products in the market. We expect this trend to continue as we execute organic and inorganic growth in the workplace management space." David Scoglio, Asure's Chief Financial Officer added, "Asure posted a strong second quarter financially as EBITDA and revenue were at the upper end of published guidance. Free cash flow for the quarter, at $223K, fell below earlier guidance due to effects of the acquisition of PeopleCube, lower bookings and slightly higher capital expenditures." See tables below for details around Asure's financial results and guidance.
|2012 / 2013 Guidance|
|Q3 '12||Q4 '12||FY '13|
|EBITDA Gain, excl. 1-time items||1,100-1,300||1,900-2,200||9,000|
|Free Cash Flow||7,000|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV