MIAMI, Aug. 14, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc. (the "Company" or "SBS") (Nasdaq:SBSA) today reported financial results for the three- and six-months ended June 30, 2012.
|Three-Months Ended||Six-Months Ended|
|(in thousands)||June 30,||%||June 30,||%|
|Radio||$ 30,288||31,222||(3%)||$ 58,066||57,663||1%|
|Consolidated||$ 34,611||35,627||(3%)||$ 66,705||66,402||0%|
|OIBDA, a non-GAAP measure*:|
|Radio||$ 14,294||17,007||(16%)||$ 23,807||26,203||(9%)|
|Consolidated||$ 11,466||13,089||(12%)||$ 17,798||18,548||(4%)|
* Please refer to the Non-GAAP Financial Measures section for a definition and reconciliation from a non-GAAP to GAAP financial measure.Discussion and Results "During the second quarter, we continued to execute our plan to strengthen our multi-media platform, while carefully managing our costs," commented Raul Alarcón, Jr., Chairman and CEO. "The advertising environment was mixed, but we were able to offset some of the weakness at the national level through increased local and interactive sales. We also made significant progress in reducing the operating loss at our television operations. Looking ahead, our station brands remain strong, and we are continuing to expand our interactive footprint and build on our revitalized sales force. We also remain well positioned to attract our share of political dollars in the second half of the year given our leading audience shares in the nation's top-ten Hispanic markets."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts