MIAMI, Aug. 14, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc. (the "Company" or "SBS") (Nasdaq:SBSA) today reported financial results for the three- and six-months ended June 30, 2012.
|Three-Months Ended||Six-Months Ended|
|(in thousands)||June 30,||%||June 30,||%|
|Radio||$ 30,288||31,222||(3%)||$ 58,066||57,663||1%|
|Consolidated||$ 34,611||35,627||(3%)||$ 66,705||66,402||0%|
|OIBDA, a non-GAAP measure*:|
|Radio||$ 14,294||17,007||(16%)||$ 23,807||26,203||(9%)|
|Consolidated||$ 11,466||13,089||(12%)||$ 17,798||18,548||(4%)|
* Please refer to the Non-GAAP Financial Measures section for a definition and reconciliation from a non-GAAP to GAAP financial measure.Discussion and Results "During the second quarter, we continued to execute our plan to strengthen our multi-media platform, while carefully managing our costs," commented Raul Alarcón, Jr., Chairman and CEO. "The advertising environment was mixed, but we were able to offset some of the weakness at the national level through increased local and interactive sales. We also made significant progress in reducing the operating loss at our television operations. Looking ahead, our station brands remain strong, and we are continuing to expand our interactive footprint and build on our revitalized sales force. We also remain well positioned to attract our share of political dollars in the second half of the year given our leading audience shares in the nation's top-ten Hispanic markets."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV