LATHAM, N.Y., Aug. 14, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Plug Power Inc. (Nasdaq:PLUG), a leader in providing clean, reliable energy solutions, today reported its financial results for the second quarter of 2012.
In the second quarter of 2012, Plug Power continued to expand upon its customer base in North America. The quarter's GenDrive ® orders included units for Lowe's, Sysco, Walmart and Mercedes Benz, representing approximately $6.5 million in orders.
The order for Mercedes was received in early April 2012, and all 72 of the GenDrive units were installed and operational by early July. This is the quickest cycle time to date between receiving an order and deployment at a site requiring a new hydrogen fueling station.Sysco's Long Island (N.Y.) and Boston locations recently were commissioned to use GenDrive fuel cells, bringing the number of fuel cells used at six of the foodservice distributor's locations to more than 600. Kroger, Compton, CA, and P&G, Greensboro, NC, round out the commissioned GenDrive sites during the second quarter of 2012. In total, 388 units were shipped during the second quarter. Additionally, Plug Power is in the process of shipping and installing 254 units for the Walmart facility in Washington Court House, Ohio. This deployment signifies the third Walmart facility using GenDrive, with over 500 units now in the Walmart fleet. Although deployments continued to grow in the second quarter, factors including a slower than expected order flow and some customer deployments delayed until 2013 have negatively impacted the Company's projections for 2012. Given these factors, Plug Power is adjusting its guidance for 2012 to the following:
- From $40M in product and service revenue to $30M-$35M range
- From $12M-$13M EBITDAS loss range to $17M-$19M loss range
- From 10% Gross Margin to minus 5% to minus 10% range for 2012
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV