HOUSTON, Aug. 13, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Coastal Energy Company (the "Company" or "Coastal Energy") (TSX:CEN) (AIM:CEO), an independent exploration and production company with assets in Thailand, announces the financial results for the three and six months ended June 30, 2012. The functional and reporting currency of the Company is the United States dollar.
Second Quarter 2012 Highlights
- Total Company production increased to 21,713 boe/d in the second quarter from 9,494 boe/d in the same period last year. The Company's offshore production was 19,351 bbl/d, with the increase due to the inclusion of production from both platforms at Bua Ban North. Full production from Bua Ban North came on throughout January and February. Offshore production volumes in the second quarter were impacted by downtime for the replacement of an FSO at Bua Ban North. Onshore production of 2,362 boe/d increased from Q112 levels and year ago levels as natural gas demand continued to recover following the flooding in Thailand in late 2011 and was 3% above Q211 levels.- EBITDAX for Q2 2012 was $130.3 million, 230% higher than the $39.5 million recorded in Q2 2011. Revenue and EBITDAX were driven higher by increased oil liftings and commodity prices. Crude oil inventory was approximately 456,418 barrels at June 30, 2012 the revenue from which will be recognized in the third quarter. The Company reduced closing inventory levels by 112,840 barrels (approximately 20%) during Q2. - The Company announced successful discoveries in the Miocene and Oligocene reservoirs at Bua Ban South. The discoveries have been appraised and determined to be commercial. The Company purchased production facilities for Bua Ban South and will continue appraisal drilling once they arrive on location later in the third quarter. - The Company announced a Normal Course Issuer Bid to repurchase up to 5% of its outstanding shares (5,715,972 shares). To date, the Company has repurchased approximately 1.25 million common shares on the open market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV