SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 14, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ECOtality, Inc. (Nasdaq:ECTY), a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies, today reported financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012.
Q2 2012 Summary of Financial Results
Revenue in the second quarter of 2012 increased 116% to $13.0 million, as compared to $6.0 million in the second quarter of 2011. The increase in revenue was largely attributed to the continued successful roll out of the Blink® network of charging stations for the EV Project. The EV Project is a public-private partnership with the Department of Energy that seeks to develop, implement and study techniques for optimizing the deployment of a commercially viable electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure.Net loss in the second quarter of 2012 declined to $3.9 million or $(0.16) per basic and diluted share, an improvement from a net loss of $5.6 million or $(0.40) per basic and diluted share in the same year-ago quarter. Combined cash, restricted cash and cash equivalents at June 30, 2012 totaled $5.0 million, as compared to $10.2 million at December 31, 2011. The decrease in cash was primarily attributed to the rapid increase in both the production and installation of Blink® DC Fast Chargers required for the EV Project. Q2 2012 Operational Highlights
- Installed 1,364 Blink® chargers during the quarter, bringing the total number of charging stations to approximately 7,700, and maintaining the Blink network as the largest connected EV charging network in the world.
- The Blink® network has delivered in total more than 8 gigawatts of electricity to EV drivers, who generated nearly 35 million miles of data for the EV Project.
- Established a new joint venture entity, Tianjin Eco-Power Technology Co, Ltd., to manufacture and distribute charging products for China's EV market.
- Partnered with Kroger, one of the nation's largest grocery retailers, to install approximately 20 Blink electric vehicle charging stations at 10 Kroger locations in North Texas.
- Partnered with other key retail and commercial business throughout the U.S. to install Blink electric vehicle charging stations.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts