HAMPTON, Va., Aug. 14, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Measurement Specialties, Inc. (Nasdaq:MEAS) (the "Company"), a global designer and manufacturer of sensors and sensor-based systems, announced today that the Company's Board of Directors has adopted a program to repurchase from time to time at management's discretion up to $7,000,000 of the shares of the Company's common stock in the open market or in private transactions at prevailing market prices. As of July 20, 2012, the Company had 15,409,462 shares of common stock outstanding. Repurchases will be made under the program using the Company's own cash resources. Needham & Company, Inc. will act as agent for the Company's stock repurchase program.
About Measurement Specialties : Measurement Specialties, Inc. (MEAS) designs and manufactures sensors and sensor-based systems to measure precise ranges of physical characteristics such as pressure, temperature, position, force, vibration, humidity and photo optics. MEAS uses multiple advanced technologies – piezoresistive silicon, polymer and ceramic piezoelectric materials, application specific integrated circuits, micro-electromechanical systems ("MEMS"), foil strain gauges, electromagnetic force balance systems, fluid capacitive devices, linear and rotational variable differential transformers, anisotropic magneto-resistive devices, electromagnetic displacement sensors, hygroscopic capacitive structures, ultrasonic measurement systems, optical measurement systems, negative thermal coefficient ("NTC") ceramic sensors, 3-6 DOF (degree of freedom) force/torque structures, complex mechanical resonators, magnetic reed switches, high frequency multipoint scanning algorithms, and high precision submersible hydrostatic level – to engineer sensors that operate precisely and cost effectively.
CONTACT: Mark Thomson, CFO (757) 766-4224
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV